ISM DIPLOMA IN SALES & ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT (LEVEL 5) - via supported Distance Learning
Building on your existing knowledge and experience the ISM Diploma in Sales & Account Management considers the Sales and Account Management roles and the responsibilities you have as a leader for selecting, recruiting and ensuring high performance from your sales team. You will also gain an understanding of how to use marketing to understand your relationship with your customers and how to satisfy, plan and develop sales and marketing strategies to support their needs effectively and profitably through the sales process.
Who is the ISM Diploma in Sales & Account Management for?
The Diploma in Sales & Account Management is aimed at more experienced sales individuals with 5 or more years experience working in a sales role. More specifically at this level, the individual would either be a sales manager in charge of a sales team (Sales Management modules), a sales professional responsible for key account management (Account Management modules) or an experienced sales individual who works in these roles as a combined position. The qualification is designed to help you expand on your theoretical knowledge giving you the skill and knowledge needed to work towards a more senior or strategic sales role.
What’s included in this course?
- Professional Academy’s detailed study guides as PDFs giving you a thorough outline of each element of your course, the marking criteria and how to approach assessments
- ISM membership for 1 year which includes resources, advice and networking opportunities to support your career and qualification
- Interactive online eLearning provided by our own Learning Management System
- Learning resources to suit your style of learning – video, audio, and downloadable PDFs
- Personal tutor support – a dedicated tutor (for each module) on hand to help with any aspect of your learning
- Dedicated student support team always available to help with queries related to submissions, workshop bookings and help using the Learning Management System
- Professional Academy's 100% Pass Guarantee*
Benefits of studying this course
- Career-enhancing support from your ISM membership
- Add credibility to your career with an internationally recognised qualification
- Practical and theoretical knowledge you can apply to your role straight away or use to gain a new position or promotion
- Learn current trends and best practices in the sales industry
- Become a more confident strategic salesperson and manager
- Ensure high performance and results from your sales team
Entry requirements for the Level 5 ISM Qualification
There are no formal entry requirements although we advise that students have either a degree or at least 4 years sales experience.
If English is not your first language, evidence of at least IELTS level 6.5 or Trinity ISE III/IV will also be required.
All ISM Qualifications require ISM Membership - 1 year of membership is included as part of your qualification fee.
How long will it take?
You can start your studies at any time - the Diploma in Sales & Account Management would take approximately 12-15 months to complete. Whichever option you choose, you can choose to study at a faster or slower pace to suit your requirements and we commit ourselves to support all our students for up to a maximum of two years.
What modules will you study?
For the diploma you will need to complete a combination of the following modules:
- Analysing the financial potential and performance of customer accounts
- Bid and tender management for account managers
- Coaching and mentoring
- Designing, planing and managing sales territories
- Developing a product portfolio
- Leading a team
- Managing responsible selling
- Motivation and compensation for sales teams
- Relationship management for account managers
- Sales forecast and target setting
- Understanding and developing customer accounts
- Understanding the integrated functions of sales and marketing
*All we ask in return is that you:
• read all required texts
• take reasonable advantage of your support tutor
• attend all workshops required for the module (where selected)
• meet all assignment deadline dates (where appropriate)
• submit a draft assignment/mock exam to your support tutor
• acknowledge tutor feedback comments and amend assignment text as recommended