ISM Certificate in Sales and Marketing (Level 3) - Distance Learning/Lite
The Certificate in Sales and Marketing focuses on the practical skills of selling and considers the importance of marketing, the sales theory, and your personal presentation and management.
Is the Certificate Sales and Marketing the correct sales qualification for me?
The ISM Certificate in Sales and Marketing is ideal for practicing "hands-on" sales people, with two or more years' experience and who are looking to expand their knowledge/skillset with a view to becoming a more effective sales individual. You might be looking to develop your understanding of the sales process and gain knowledge of areas of sales which you may not have considered or have not come across previously.
What’s included in this course?
- Professional Academy’s detailed study guides as PDFs giving you a thorough outline of each element of your course, the marking criteria and how to approach assessments
- ISM membership for 1 year which includes resources, advice and networking opportunities to support your career and qualification
- Interactive online eLearning provided by our own Learning Management System
- Learning resources to suit your style of learning – video, audio, and downloadable PDFs
- Personal tutor support – a dedicated tutor (for each module) on hand to help with any aspect of your learning
- Dedicated student support team always available to help with queries related to submissions, workshop bookings and help using the Learning Management System
- Professional Academy's 100% Pass Guarantee*
Benefits of studying this course
- Career-enhancing support from your ISM membership
- Add credibility to your career with an internationally recognised qualification
- Practical and theoretical knowledge you can apply to your role straight away or use to gain a new position or promotion
- Learn current trends and best practices in the sales industry
- Become a more confident salesperson with proven sales techniques and theories
Entry requirements for the ISM Certificate in Sales and Marketing
There are no formal entry requirements, however we find that this level is most suited if you have a minimum of two years relevant experience or two A-Levels (or equivalent) and at least one years sales experience.
If English is not your first language, evidence of at least IELTS level 6.5 or Trinity ISE III/IV will also be required.
All ISM Qualifications require ISM Membership - 1 year of membership is included as part of your qualification fee.
How long will it take?
You can start to study at any time. The Certificate in Sales and Marketing will typically take between 12 – 18 months to complete although you can choose to study at a faster or slower pace to suit your requirements. We commit ourselves to supporting all our students for up to a maximum of two years.
What modules can you study?
To complete the Certificate level of this qualification you will need to complete a combination of the below modules:
- Understanding law and ethics of selling
- Preparing and delivering a sales presentation
- Handling objections, negotiating & closing sales
- Understanding influences on buying behaviour
- Understanding customer segmentation and profiling
- Understanding sales and marketing organisations
- Using market information for sales
- Time and Territory management for sales people
- Planning for professional development
- Prospecting for new business
- Sales pipeline management
*All we ask in return is that you:
• read all required texts
• take reasonable advantage of your support tutor
• attend all workshops required for the module (where selected)
• meet all assignment deadline dates (where appropriate)
• submit a draft assignment/mock exam to your support tutor
• acknowledge tutor feedback comments and amend assignment text as recommended