DIPLOMA IN MANAGEMENT AND LEADERSHIP - via supported distance learning
Building on your ‘hands on’ management experience, this course focuses on the practical aspects of management including using plans to manage resources, personnel and customer awareness.
Who the Diploma in Management and Leadership for?
Designed for those who are relatively new or are already operating in a first-line management or a supervisory role and this qualification is ideal if you wish to improve your knowledge and skills to progress further or have had little or no formal training in management.
What’s included in this course?
- Professional Academy’s detailed study guides as PDFs giving you a thorough outline of each element of your course, the marking criteria and how to approach assessments
- CMI registration and membership which includes resources, advice and networking opportunities to support your career and qualification
- Interactive online eLearning provided by our own Learning Management System
- Learning resources to suit your style of learning – video, audio, and downloadable PDFs
- Personal tutor support – a dedicated tutor (for each module) on hand to help with any aspect of your learning
- Dedicated student support team always available to help with queries related to submissions, workshop bookings and help using the Learning Management System
- Professional Academy's 100% Pass Guarantee*
Benefits of studying this course
- Pathway to Chartered Manager through Continuous Professional Development (CPD)
- Add credibility to your experience with an internationally recognised qualification
- Practical and theoretical knowledge you can apply to your role straight away or use to gain a new position or promotion
- Learn current trends and best practices in the management industry
- Define your management style and become a more confident leader
Entry requirements for the Diploma in Management and Leadership
There are no formal entry requirements however we recommend that this course is most suitable if you have gained approximately two years of supervisory or
If English is not your first language, evidence of at least IELTS level 6.5 or Trinity ISE III/IV will also be required.
How long will it take?
There are multiple hand-in dates a year and you can begin your studies at any time.
A Diploma in Management & Leadership can be completed with a minimum combination of 8 units over a 12 - 15 month period.
We commit ourselves to support all Professional Academy students for up to a maximum of two years as standard.
What modules will you study?
To achieve the Diploma in Management & Leadership you will need to complete up to 8 of the modules below:
- Principles of Management and Leadership in an Organisational Context.
- Principles of Developing,managing and Leading Individuals and Teams to Achieve Success.
- Managing Stakeholder Relationships
- Managing Performance
- Managing Projects to Achieve Results
- Managing Change
- Principles of Coaching and Mentoring
- Creating and Delivering Operational Plans
- Managing Finance
- Using Data and Information for Decision Making
- Conducting a Management Project
- Using Reflective Practice to Inform Personal and Professional Development
*All we ask in return is that you:
• read all required texts
• take reasonable advantage of your support tutor
• attend all workshops required for the module (where selected)
• meet all assignment deadline dates (where appropriate)
• submit a draft assignment/mock exam to your support tutor
• acknowledge tutor feedback comments and amend assignment text as recommended